Thursday, April 16, 2009

Sweet, sweet seventeen.

I have finally found a use for my young-looking...nes. Today at the mall, me, Kelsey, Ben, grandma and mom were all... well, at the mall. Anyway, mom went over to this dress shop while the rest of us stayed over looking at a map. I realized I didn't care where we went, so I didn't need to look at a map, so I followed mom. I don't know how she got past the obstacle course of sales people so quickly. She's good. First there was this guy shining shoes, who was trying to get me to buy something that would "work right before my eyes". As I was wondering how any shoe polish could work on rubber and canvas shoes, I pretended I didn't hear him and just said something like "oh, yeah" instead of answering him. Then I just smiled like an idiot at him and continued to walk. One down. Next there was this guy selling phones at one of the kiosks. Before I knew he was there he had already gotten out of me where I am from, or the lack thereof, since we are in the middle of moving. Next he asked me how old I was.
"N- Seventeen." I replied. "Oh, well come talk to me when your eighteen." Wow. With a huge smile, way too big for any normal dodging of a bullet, I continued on my way to the dress barn.

2 comments:

The Clifts said...

That was by far one of the funniest moments of my life...all though I didn't actually hear it, I was right behind you.

The Clifts said...

You should have called this post, "Seventeen Again."