Friday, November 13, 2009

Vivid dreams.


Last night I went to bed at like 1:30. I also promised that I would go with mom to her seminary class at 5:30. So getting only 3 and a half hours of sleep, I obviously went back to sleep after getting home. So I ended up sleeping from 8 to 3. Yeah. I know right?
Anyway, I had a dream. It was a good one too. Actually I had a couple of dreams but I can't remember the first one very well. All I know is that it involved a boy I don't know very well and a tiny car. Awkward.

So here goes. Me and the Cullens from "Twilight" are all pretending to be dead to escape some psychopath, except Alice and Esme are not in on the plan, so they find us and start screaming. So we all get up to tell them to stop screaming, but not before a small crowd gathers outside. So to hide the horrified screaming I run out and start yelling "I'm engaged!". As if the joyful screaming can mask screams of finding your family dead. Oh, and did I mention that I was really engaged to Edward? I know. Anyway, then the scene turns into some kind of bridal shop, and Edward turns into one of my old friends, who will remain nameless for the purposes of my private humiliation. Anyway, I am in this really pretty wedding dress, but it's all wrinkled for some reason. He is joking around that I have no taste in dresses, and I say some snide remarks back... or at least I'd like to think so. We walk out of the bridal shop directly into a candy store. He starts eating pretzels, and I'm thinking "He doesn't eat, what is he doing?" I notice a girl who's dress has straps made of pretzels, and point it out saying how cool it is. He agrees, but then takes me aside and tells me how dumb it looks. What a charmer. There are candy canes in a jar by the door, and I want to get one, but they were 73 cents, and I don't have any money. That seems to be a common theme throughout my dreams and my current life. The sign underneath the candy canes says something to the effect of, take a bag and throw them into it with your friends to have some fun. I think it's weird to put that up, seeing as that is probably not the best game to play with fragile candy canes, and also not fun enough to get anyone to buy them. We leave and Edward is Edward again. Not just any Edward though, he's the Edward from my mind that I created in there when I first started reading the books. Awesome. He puts his arm around me as we walk down the street and asks me if Mike Newton is my boyfriend. "NO. No." Um, didn't I say I would marry him? He wants to mess with Mike, so we follow him to this pumpkin patch/ice cream shop/ costume and tee shirt shop, all the while I'm looking at my huge ring that I have put on my index finger because I'm "Bella" and that's what she would do. Though I was constantly thinking how stupid that was because I was ecstatic to be engaged to him. Edward gets this ice-cream cake that is pizza flavored. Gross. He goes and sits across from Mike at this table, and Mike is sleeping with his head down. Edward starts chewing really loud to wake him up. I stand next to him whispering that he doesn't even eat, and that he's being mean, but I think it's funny so I let it go. I start walking around and find a BYU sweatshirt for $9.99. That's a steal! I was excited for a second until I realized again that I didn't have any money. Then there was a horse auction. I don't have any idea where it came from, but I do remember two men bidding for the same horse, and one said "I'm will to go up to $110,000." But the other old man, who then turned into a young lawyer lady, said "I'll give you 300,000." The other old man stood up and stormed out, but what I didn't understand was that there were two identical horses and no one even bid on the second one. The next bidder was a lady who bought the horse, but since she couldn't take it home right away because she was an usher for the four people sitting on hay bails bidding, she wasn't allowed to buy it. "I was going to surprise my husband... I has 3 million dollars set aside for this." I wondered that if she had that much money, why she had a junky sedan being crammed with all of her kids and no way to even transport a horse. I imagined her guiding the horse along side the car while she drove. Now I was back to the shop with all the stuff. There was this guy trying to sell bunny suites to a lady, but they had to be sewn directly onto the kid, so she didn't want to get them in case they had to go to the bathroom. The guy selling them would not let it go, so Edward gave them a slice of his pizza ice-cream cake. I had it in my hand and it was a wooden car whistle. So I kept on breaking off chunks to give to the kids. Edward wanted them to get the runs or something just to prove the idiot guy wrong. As the kids were eating the wooden chunks of car/whistle/pizza ice-cream cake, all I wanted to do was go back and sit with Edward while he was messing with Mike. Unfortunately this is when I woke up.
The funny thing is, I have been having a ton of dreams lately about being best friends with the Jonas Brothers, Chad Dylan Cooper from "Sonny with a Chance", and also meeting up with old friend I haven't seen in years.
Kelsey says I have vivid dreams. I'm beginning to think she's right.

4 comments:

Kathy said...

WOW!! That is the most random involved dream I've ever heard of! I'm so glad you posted again!!

Elizabeth said...

Oh. My. Goodness.
That was awesome.

The Clifts said...

Oh, buddy. That was even funnier the second time. Probably because you had time to sort it all out in your mind. I needed a good laugh. Keep it up.

Deon Christensen said...

okay that was weird and hilarious. And I too have dreams about the being the Jonas brother's best friend, it's so weird I don't think I have watched that show in months.