Sunday, September 21, 2008

"Imagine a building contractor..."


Just to let you know, I am sacrificing precious math time to do this. The funny thing is, I almost feel more guilty not blogging than doing math. I should probably get my priorities straight.











The other night I went "Happy Fun Night". It was pretty fun. I did wear shoes you couldn't play volleyball in, so I had to go barefoot. I probably got some disease. I still get the heebly jeeblies just thinking about it. Kammie went with me, and, ignoring my persistant "Let's just go home."s, convinced me it would be fun. It was, though I kept looking like an idiot because I could never serve correctly on the first try. Luckily they gave you three chances. I am usually pretty good at serving, looks like it was just luck.






Yesterday I was bored, not for lack of stuff to do, mostly because I didn't want to do the things I should have been doing, and am now suffering the consequenses. A.k.a. having to do math today, and having to clean and organize my bathroom tomorrow. Anyway, (see how distracted I get), I decided that I wanted to make an angel food cake. And despite Alton Brown's "intermediate" rating on how do make it, and his 25 minute prep time, it took me three hours, and 24 eggs. I know. I actually had to blend sugar, so it was super fine, but still not powdered sugar, then crack and separate 24 eggs (I only needed 12, it just ended up this way after I ruined the first batch), and sift the flour mixture into the egg mixture WHILE hand mixing it. I ended up holding the sifter handle in my mouth while I poured and mixed. It would have been really embarrassing if someone had walked in. It was actually really good in the end though.



This is our forerunner. Ok, it's not. Ours is black and older, and didn't get it's own photo shoot. So the other night, I was driving my friends around. You see Amiee and Kammie were both here, and then Krista and Jennie were there too. I never thought I'd be reduced to tears by my own friends. Ok, so they didn't actually make me cry, but I did do a lot of yelling. They didn't listen.






I got a job, and part of that job is having to find out how much it would cost to put an add on the radio. So, I called the local radio stations, and of course, they couldn't give me any information that I could use unless I had information for them, which I didn't. I thought my dad was the king of analagies. I was wrong. This one guy I was talking to gave me three in our 5 minute conversation. He was telling me over and over again how he couldn't tell me how much it would cost until I had more information. I wanted to shoot myself. I kept on saying "OK, I'll get more information-" "Imagine a car salesman..." "I understand, I'll get back to you with more-" "Imagine a building contractor..." "So how long are your commercials?" "They are 30 and 60 seconds. Imagine a toilet paper roll..."


A couple of weeks ago dad asked me to make a remembrance scrap book for the stake president for the trek. I said I would and so we got the stuff that week. i got a 30 page scrap book done in about 8 days. No small feat my friend. I am actually pretty proud of it though. I kind of want to keep it, but that would be silly because first off we made it for him, and second, I didn't actually go on the trek. So... yeah.






I am so excited. I am getting a king size bed. Ok, so we're not actually buying one, but we are putting the two twin beds together to make one. How cool is that? I'll tell you- very. I am even trying to get mom to let me write "Celery" on my bedspread like in this picture I saw on the internet. I guess it must be the new thing.








Today has been a good day. If you want to know more about why, you'll have to call me because I don't know who read this and I don't want to embarrass myself.









And lastly. On my way home from church every sunday, I see this funeral home. As I drive past, I always have a double-take moment. Because everytime, I'm sure it says "Martin's funerals and ceramics." I start wondering "why the heck would you want to buy ceramics from a place where they prepare dead bodies?" Then I look again and see that it really says "Martin's funerals and cremations." That clears it up quite a bit, though makes it no less creepy. I didn't find a picture of a coffin, because honestly I didn't want to look for one. You never know what people are going to put on the internet these days.

1 comment:

The Clifts said...

My bed spread says cranberry...or it would if it was in a magazine.