Friday, August 15, 2008













I basicaly love soft serve ice cream. It's delicious. It's soft... and served right to you. Mmmmmm. If I was a millionaire- and i will be- I'd get a soft serve ice cream machine.




The other night, I flew to New York on a plane- obviously. I was pretty much a wreck by the time I actually got to the airport. I was about to throw up and wet my pants at the same time. I was sure that I was going to get lost, not get to my terminal on time, miss the plane and then of course, inevitably, die. It always ends up that way in my mind. Luckily it didn't literally end up that way. The ride over to the airport was almost worse than actually riding the plane. I looked at the clock, right before flying to NY, and saw that it was 9:11. Of course right before a flight I had to look at the clock right then. I couldn't have had worse timing.



I took some medicine right before I went on the plane. I asked mom if I could take antihistemigne (sp?) and dramamine (sp?). She said they'd have to haul me onto the plane if I did. Unfortunately I decided to take the antihistemigne. So, first off, I was already tired, then it made me more tired, my head was fine, but I felt super nauseaus. I think the guy next to me thought I was having a siezure or something. Whenever I take that medicine, I get really bad RLS (Restless Leg Syndrome), so I couldn't stop moving, then I was half asleep, so I wasn't exactly being graceful. Then finally I figured that part of my squirming was because I needed to go to the bathroom. I tried to make myself hold it, but I couldn't. I resigned myself to going to the bathroom. I thought flying in a buckled seat was bad. Imediately when I got into the bathroom the muscles in my lets started to seize up. I literally felt like any second, the ground around me would crack away, and I was going to fall out of the sky. I tried to comfort myself by saying that if I did fall, at least I could do some sweet tricks while skydiving, and upon impact, I would die instantly, so I wouldn't feel any pain. Fortunately, I didn't fall, and returned to the seat where, the guy next to me probably wished I had fallen so he wouldn't be so wierded out at my freakish seizures. Oh, did I forget mention my sleep talking, or waking up multiple times with my mouth hanging wide open?



So, when I arrived at Deon's house yesterday- was it really yesterday? the past two days have seemed to mesh into one because I'm so off schedule- I went to sleep. I didn't even eat breakfast, which for me was... well something. Anyway, so I went to bed at 7 am, and Deon woke me up at 5pm, to see if I wanted to go swimming. That's more sleep than I get on a regular night.


Last night I had a dream. This boy, let's call him Kyle, that I really like, asked me out- remember, this is a dream. So I was pretty much ecstatic. He asked if I wanted to go to this new water park, or get a soda. I told him that I would buy the soda, if he'd pay for the water park. Then I heard him saying to someone that he was just asking me out becuase he knew I liked him and I needed to learn how to talk to boys or something like that. So, needless to say, though i am going to, I was crushed. I told him he didn't need to take me, but he just said he'd take me, and by the time I found someone, he'd be long gone. So, then I went home to change. Mom and Deon were there. I told them what he said, and how crushed I was. Mom said it was nice that he was still taking me. Deon, while I was busy being devastated, was busy playing a new video game, which she couldn't take her eyes off of, and kept exclaiming things like "I just gave that lady a gift!". One of the worst dreams ever.

So, this is Catherine, signing off.

5 comments:

The Clifts said...

This is definitely my favorite one ever! I laughed so hard I thought I was going to wet my pants. The sad things is, is that at the time all of this stuff wasn't funny to you at all. I guess that is why it's so funny...j/k.

Kathy said...

You are seriously one of the funniest people that I know!! I'm sad you left here and that it was so traumatic to you, it just shows you should have stayed longer and played with us!

Deon Christensen said...

What ever Catherine stop interrupting my video games in your dreams it totally throws my scores off. I'm glad you are here.

Big Oven

Elizabeth said...

psh, Catherine, don't worry about that dream. No boy would take you on a pity date, the only dates you'll go on will be ones where the guy is about to throw up because of how nervous he is being around your beauty and awesomeness. especially "kyle." YOU need to teach HIM to talk to the opposite sex. ;o)
p.s. i'm sorry the flight was so horrible, but it made for one of the funniest stories i've ever heard.

The Clifts said...

if you did fall and did sweet tricks on the way down, you would have to record it on your camera, so then we could show it to everyone.