Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Which brings me to my next subject...



Pulling Teeth.
Getting my friends to write e-mails is like pulling teeth... wisdome teeth... the kind that you have to break their teeth and cut open thier mouth just to get out. Impacted. That's it. Getting my friends to write me is like pulling impacted teeth right out of thier skull. Seriously.

Robbed.

So the other day I walked into my room and thought "Oh no! I've been robbed!" Then I looked more closely and realized that it was just because I hadn't picked up my room. Basically it was the same as always.
I'll admit the picture doesn't really go with this segment, but I couldn't find a plain burlap bag. So either you get coffee beans or kids jumping around in the sack during a sack race. I figured it was easier to imagine that the beans were like gold pieces... because I have a ton of those sitting around my room.
What gets to me more than the fact that I can't find a picture of a plain burlap sack, is that this picture has a decal over it, like someone was going to go and reproduce it and say they took the picture. It's a SACK OF COFFEE BEANS. I promise, I did not take this picture, and take no credit for it.


Children's Programming.
Basically, kid's shows are just teaching children that people are always going to wait like FIVE MINUTES for an answer. I can't stand them. It's like "Hey, let's make THE most annoying characters, so that adults who have to watch this show with thier kids go CRAZY."




3 Musketeers.
Ok, so this photo shows 4 musketeers, but I figure the nancy boy in the blue is probably Dartanion (sp?). Anyway, I was thinking, shouldn't the 3 musketeers have muskets? Shouldn't they be called the 3 sword-cateers if they are going to sword fight? It just doesn't make sense. I guess they didn't have muskets back then- or did they?- but still they shouldn't have named the musket what they did. It just confuses those who like to spend time thinking about it.






Cup theory.
You know those cup holders at fast food places for more than one drink? I think that instead of plates, people should just use cups. That way, none of your food get's mixed together, and your food isn't going to slide off the edge if you are being reckless. The person who took this picture knew what I was talking about.


Beverages.

Which brings me to my next topic: beverages. I like soy milk. I don't know why. All the signs tell me that I shouldn't. For instance, it's made of soy. Isn't tofu made of soy? That should tip me off right there, yet it's so delicious I can hardly resist. I don't like regular milk, so it's a good thing soy milk is "calcium fortified". Dodged a bullet there.







Love- hate relationships.

I have been discovering some of my own personal love-hate relationships.
First off: movies. Nothing happens in real life like in the movies. It stinks. You think "Cool. I wish that would happen to me." Well, get over it, and get a reality check, because I am here to guarantee you that it will never happen that way.

So, I love movies, because they are entertaining, but I hate them because I realize it won't happen, and I've been given false hope. This doesn't apply to all movies however, for instance, action movies are fun to watch, but you don't want to be in thier situation, so they are just a love- love situation.
Books are even worse. It's the same story. Ha ha. Well, not literally, but they also give false hope. Puh huh. Then there's the fact that if it's a series, you may love the book, but you hate the wait for the next book. So that parts not actually the book's fault... it's the authors.
















Roundabout.

I hate roundabouts. If I was allowed to swear, it would be in a roundabout... at the people who don't know how to use them.







Knight.

Have you ever had a phrase that you really wanted to use, but knew you'd probably never have a chance to use it? Mine is:
"Thou Recreant Knight!" I don't know exactly how anyone would use it actually, becuase it's a sentance fragment, but I really want to just yell it at someone, preferably a man on a horse... who is wearing armor.




The Squire's Tale:

Which brings me to my next subject. This is a good book. I promote it whole-heartedly, and all of it's sequels. Though, it may be hard to remember the whole title of these books, with titles like "The Squire, His Knight and His Lady", and the longest, "The Princess, the Crone and the Dung-Cart Knight". They are worth it though.










Which brings me to my last subject. I have decided who the perfect guy is, and I'll tell you.
His name is Jasedterlinfiyeris. You see, he is a combination of the following:
Jasper from Twilight, for his charm and because he's just cool.
Edward, from Twilight, for his good looks, and... well everything else.
Terence from "The Squire, His Knight and His lady" because he's hilarious.
Gaheris from "The Savage Damsel and the Dwarf" becuase he's protective.
Fiyero from "Wicked" because he's accepting.
Link Larkin from "Hairspray" because duh, he can sing.

3 comments:

Deon Christensen said...

Catherine you crack me up. You are going to hate our apartment complex in NY because we have two round abouts, and I know what you mean so sometimes I skip the round about part and just got right through, hahaha. Well anyways I am excited to see you in a couple of weeks. OH and what would you call your boy for short with such a long name like that?

The Clifts said...

It never fails. Every week I almost pee my pants laughing at your blog. I am soooooo excited to see you next week. Even more then Deon is excited. She doesn't even know what excited means compared to how excited I am! Just so you know.

Kathy said...

You are one of the funniest people I know! Thanks for making my day better!

I totally had extra exclamation points in there but then remembered you don't like them so I took them out, see how nice i am!!!!!