Saturday, July 5, 2008

Tut tut...

I dont' get it. Why are all the celebrations for the 4th of July on the third? Our fireworks are on the third, and it seemed like everyone on our block was having a party. Then there was the Stadium of Fire on the third, or at least I think it was. If we are going to celebrate a holiday, why celebrate it early. It defeats the purpose of having it on a certain day.











So, the other day I went down the road by our house, but I went further and there's a trail there that goes right down to the river. It kind of looks like this... except for the trees are replaced with dead bushes and the rocks are dirt. And the water is brown.





We were watchingGlen Beck the other day, and I heard him say something about teenagers who thought about others before themselves. I thought for a moment, was I one of those people? I thought that I would rather die, than someone close to me die, but would I, lets say, offer the last cookie to someone before I ate it? Thinking about this, I decided no. If they wanted the cookie, they would have to pry it from my hands. I wasn’t giving a cookie away without a fight. It would no longer be a matter of thinking of others before myself, but survival of the fittest. Then I thought about that and decided, if I was fighting that hard for a cookie, I probably wouldn’t be fit at all.




This is an outrage. When I say describe Harry Potter, you say, "He has black messy hair, and dark green eyes." HOWEVER I have recently discovered, after carefull examination, that the media has taken over not only our world, but the world of Harry Potter. They have ruined the whole image that is Harry Potter. Observe-






Those eyes are not green. They are aqua. You may not be able to see it clearly in this picture, but believe me, I have looked at the actual DVD cover and they are not green.







Then, they take a drastic turn, maing his eyes brown. Can you believe it? I can't. It's absurd. How dare they take his image into thier own hands, when the author has so made it clear that his eyes are green.
















BLUE. I just can't take it. It's making me sick.










This one just kills me. It is like they emphasized the eyes just to get on my nerves. Are you seeing this? If you can't, trust me, I've seen the case, and it's like they purposely illuminated the blue.













Oh buddy. I loved this movie. Maybe it was because of the action. Maybe it was because of the romance. It could be because of the special effects. But it was probably because of Edward Norton. He is so cool. Now I just really have to see Iron Man before it leaves all the theaters.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

oh my goodness, this is my new favorite. thank you for making my weekend that much better.
p.s. Stadium of Fire was on the 4th. so your argument, although potentially sound, just got hit by a tornado of WRONG. ;o)