Saturday, May 24, 2008

Breaking gum news.


Gives you good breath, or gives you death?
So, in case you are sitting on the edge of your seat wondering "What happened with the gum?" You are in luck. I just so happen to have some news about it. It makes me sick. I mean that literally. I was chewing a piece yesterday and my stomach started to hurt. I spit it out, unalarmed, and thinking that it was just because I was hungry, Little did I know that a few hours later, while chewing another piece of the suspected "gum" that it would make me sick again. So in other words: Unlike the soundtrack to Prince Caspian, I do not recomend picking a pack of doublemint gum up at your local grocery store--unless you have already tried it and it has no affect. Then your safe. Now the problem is that I have an almost full (minus two sticks) pack of gum that no one is ever going to want. I guess I'll just have to suffer through.





Today's events.
Onto the next order of business. I am going to see Indiana Jones today with dad. Sounds promising, I just hope there isn't the nasty fake gore like in Jones' previous films. That stuff is gross. I can handle it though. I just hope a broken hip isn't in the plot.


Epiphany.
Big Fish is officially one of my favorite movies. I think it is great. Ewan McGregor is, in my opinion, is way up on the list of really good actors. He can make you laugh when he wants you to laugh, or cry-- well I actually don't know that. The actor who plays his son, Billy Crudup (that name just cracks me up) is the one who can make you cry actually. Anyway, great movie with an entire cast of great actors. I used this poster, though it's not the original, because this is one of my favorite parts- well not the fact that he gets beat up, but that the girl totally rejects the jerk she was engaged to. It pretty much starts off the best part of the movie.



August.



All I have to say is "OH BUDDY!" I am too exited for words, though my blatent writing style may not reflect it, or my exterior mood for that matter. My point is that there are three things happening in August that may change my life forever. In a good way.










"Breaking Dawn" is shining it's rays over the horizon. (Get it? Now that was clever.)



Talk about the most anticipated book ever (well, at least by me). I am so excited for this book I can't even express. I think I might start a countdown to it. I think it's like 69 days 'til then. Next post....





Oh the joys of riding the rides that make you want to wet your pants, the food that you know will give you a stomach ache- later, and the simple pleasure of being in the "happiest place on earth". It truly is. I present: Disneyland.








If I've said it before, I'll say it again, though I don't think I've said it before: I am going to die if I don't get to see "Wicked". Truly, my heart will break and I will die. Ok, maybe that's an exageration, but you get the point. I really want to see *Wicked, and we are going in- you guessed it- August.

So, as you can see, this August is going to be the greatest month of my life. I could die happy, well not right now, it would have to be in September, and before school starts again, so maybe late August?

So before I get too far into planning the exact timing of my un-timely death, I have one last thing to mention. Well actually I don't because I can't remember. It was important. I'm sure of it. So while your on the edge of your seat I'll sign off reminding you to check back tomorrow, or maybe Monday, I don't work on the weekends, this was just kind of a fluke, for more of your local (or all about Catherine) news.

*If you would like to donate to the "Send Catherine to see Wicked" fund, I take checks or large bills. Or small bills if there are a lot of them. No credit cards, unless they are under my name. That would be quite acceptable.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

i pretty much was laughing out loud the whole time i was reading that. i'm so glad you have a blog now! !!!! (see that space, it was me hesitating to add more exclamation points.)

The Clifts said...

I agree with Elizabeth. I can't even tell you how funny you are. I always knew you were a good writer, but this is the best thing I've ever read, really. You're storytelling is right up there with Sara Burt's and that is no small feat. I should hire you to write my blog. Mine is not exactly edge of your seat news. I love you. You crack me up.